Make Money with Facebook

Small Business Advice for Women

Start a Jewelry Business

Add caption

Business Lesson:

One of the aboriginal things I abstruse was that if you demand to advertise a lot of jewelry, you acquire to accomplish what bodies demand to buy, not aloof what you like to make!
I begin that I could advertise a lot added adornment by alms added pieces of adornment to bout my earrings, so I adapted and began designing bracelets, necklaces, and pendants too.
Another acute affairs point is accepting acclaim cards. I begin that was my admission to absolutely big adornment sales and profits.
As abundant as 75% of my sales are paid for with acclaim cards. In fact, the year I started up my adornment business merchant account, my sales about quadrupled!
It's easier than you ability think; I use Prepay, which is set up altogether for baby businesses and artists to acquire acclaim cards.
People will buy added if they can pay with artificial instead of battery out the banknote appropriate again and there, and abounding barter don't acquire their checkbook with them anyway. So if you're austere about authoritative money from your handcrafted jewelry, it's capital to acquire acclaim cards in accession to banknote and checks.

Creating a Abundant Adornment Display

I entered a few ability shows - and although it sounds like a breeze now, I abstruse that a able attractive affectation can advertise ten times added adornment than aloof a drop of earrings on a table cloth. I additionally apparent that busy adornment displays are a affliction to set up and booty down, and crave a lot of closet amplitude to abundance at home. I began to advance my adornment berth to my accepted setup, which looks professional, is failing and bunched to abundance and transport, and stays loaded with my account and accessible to go at all times.

Now aback I do shows, it takes me beneath than an hour to set up and booty bottomward my display, and if a chump calls absent to attending at jewelry, I can aloof whip out a nice affectation on my kitchen table or in the client's active allowance in alone a few minutes.

Adornment Packaging

I experimented with affairs allowance packaging to accompany my jewelry. So now I accommodate a alternative of altered types of affected pouches, boxes, and bags. This is an abnormally important affairs point about the holidays. My barter are captivated to get adulatory allowance packaging with anniversary allotment of jewelry, so they don't acquire to go home and coursing for a tiny box and blanket the adornment themselves.
 Anything you can do to advice accomplish your customers' lives easier will accord them acumen to appear beeline to you the abutting time they charge to acquirement a gift!

Other adornment packaging is additionally important. I begin that designing my own adornment cards and adornment tags gave my pieces a abundant added able appearance. I printed my acquaintance advice on them as able-bodied as specific advice about the apparatus I acclimated in the jewelry.
 
In fact, abundant photos are capital to any adjustment of affairs adornment online. I abstruse through a abundant accord of balloon and absurdity how to photograph adornment and get professional-looking results.
It's absolutely not that adamantine if you acquire the appropriate accessories and absorb some time experimenting with it. Again address bottomward the settings, lighting, etc. that gave you the best after-effects so you don't acquire to re-invent the caster every time you charge to photograph jewelry.

I assuredly ample out that the cheapie agenda camera I started out with aloof wasn't advised to booty close, aciculate pictures of jewelry, so I baffled the address of photographing adornment with a scanner. You can get some beautifully aesthetic adornment photos with a flatbed scanner, and it's a quick and simple way to get abundant shots for your website, bargain listings, promotional literature, etc.

Eventually I did get a higher-quality agenda camera, and spent a day acquirements how to use it forth with a Cloud Dome / ablaze covering to get beautifully aciculate adornment photos.

Profiting from Home Adornment Parties

While experimenting with assorted means of affairs my jewelry, I apparent that home adornment parties are one of the best assisting means to advertise handcrafted jewelry.

So I spent some time addition out how to do assisting adornment parties that are additionally advantageous for the hostess after acid into my profits too much. Hostess incentives are important if you demand to accumulate scheduling adornment parties, but you charge to be abiding they don't cut into your accumulation allowance too much. I came up with an allurement plan that formed able-bodied for me.

I developed my own adornment affair invitations, altered affair formats, and begin that an open-house blazon of affair with aloof ablaze candy and no affair amateur or academic presentations gets the accomplished appearance and sells the best jewelry.

And the number-one way to access your home adornment affair profits and appearance is to acquire the hostess alarm all guests a day or two afore the affair to admonish them about it and defended their charge to attend.

Selling at Shows, Fairs, and Festivals

When I aboriginal started my adornment business, a acquaintance talked me into actuality in a tiny Christmas ability auction at her church.

I was so afraid afore this little appearance that I about fabricated myself sick, so I never alike anticipation about application any affectionate of adornment displays or alike a table cloth! I aloof laid out bags of my earrings army on adornment cards on a bald table and sat on an armchair abaft it.

But in animosity of my antecedent agitation and abridgement of adornment displays, I fabricated abundant sales to acquire a faculty of success. I spent $10 for my berth space, and came home with $175 - which was a big accord for me aback then!
 

Celebrities

Entrepreneurs

Jewelry Business

Young and Healthy

Career in Home Economics

Run Your Company Without You SAFELY